See our guide to COVID-19 in Atlanta (this page last updated )
Honor Roll 2021 Virtual Exhibition
The Atlanta Photography Group announces the selected artists for Honor Roll 2021.
This year’s student artists come from a wide range of colleges and universities in the Atlanta area.
ATLANTA- May 11, 2021- The Atlanta Photography Group (APG) today announced the selected artists for it’s annual student photographic exhibition Honor Roll 2021.
Exhibition Dates: May 20, 2021- June 20, 2021.
Virtual Opening and Artist Talk: May 20, 2021, at 7pm.
Honor Roll 2021 is a juried group exhibition supporting the work of student photographic artists attending Georgia colleges and universities. This exhibition was juried by Alyssa Coppelman, a photo editor and photo book consultant, and Art Researcher with Harper’s Magazine and the Oxford American, Samuel Gerace - Curator of Photography at the Booth Western Art Museum, and Rebecca Morgan, gallery director of Arnika Dawkins Gallery.
Seven students will feature a body of work with 4-10 images, and 7 additional students will feature a smaller collection of images. The students were nominated by their faculty and selected from more than 35 entries.
Featured artists include:
- Azya Moore - Georgia State University
- Cassidy Meyers - Spelman College
- Elizabeth Aviña - Georgia State University
- Gabriela Wyke - Savannah College of Art & Design/Atlanta
- Jasmine A. Owens - Savannah College of Art & Design/Atlanta
- Nia Hemmitt - Georgia State University
- Riley McBride - Georgia State University
Additional artists with a limited selection of images:
- Andrew Lyman - Georgia State University
- Ana Castillo Lopez - Oglethorpe University
- Emily M. Getsay - Georgia State Universtiy
- Kenedee Hodges -Savannah College of Art & Design/Atlanta
- Lauren Headrick - Oglethorpe University
- Markiesha Thornton - Georgia State University
- Tate Martinson - Savannah College of Art & Design/Atlanta
Website exhibition & opening event: https://www.atlantaphotographygroup.org/events/2020/05/20/honor-roll-2021
About the Atlanta Photography Group:
Established in 1987, Atlanta Photography Group (APG) is a non-profit arts organization dedicated to developing and sustaining an inclusive and vibrant photography community. Through its exhibitions and programming, members and audiences alike benefit from the exceptionally high level of support and opportunities that APG provides.
APG is generously funded by the LUBO Fund, the City of Atlanta Mayor's Office of Cultural Affairs, the Fulton County Board of Commissioners, and the Georgia Council for the Arts through the appropriations of the Georgia General Assembly. GCA also receives support from its partner agency, the National Endowment for the Arts. www.AtlantaPhotographyGroup.org
If you have any questions, contact Donna Garcia@ firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the gallery 404-605-0605.