Book Pre-Launch: The I of the Tiger
From the venue:
Join via Zoom to learn about Kim Carducci, former DI swimmer, mental health advocate and Founder of Everything Athletes. Her book, The I of the Tiger, analyzes the topic of mental health in sport and offers a self-help guide to sport's toughest moments.
In The I of the Tiger, we unravel the many layers, fears, insecurities, complexities, and other characteristics comprising the athlete identity.
- How competition influences us
- Why we build an inflated sense of ego based on our physical capabilities
- How injury and retirement deflate our sense of worth
- Why we might equate defeat with death
- Daily implications of being a fierce competitor
Once we define the central features of the athlete identity and understand our attachment to it, we delve deeper into the toughest moments athletes face - defeat, injury, and retirement - and how the heck we get through them.